Re: the official hype on Zaplets

From: Strata Rose Chalup (strata@virtual.net)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 14:01:03 PDT

This whole things smacks of Zephyrgrams, which at least would pop to
the top of your windowing environment, no matter what app you were in.
They're still out there, I believe, and no longer fork 26 processes
to send and acknowledge one message. :-)

Any other Project Athena veterans out here? I was a short-timer,
several months in 1988. I was implementing a desktop model in C
under X10R3 (wince, ok, there there...), using a menu system and
window manager that one of our DECcies on loan had cobbled up after
reading Inside Macintosh Vol 1. Then the look and feel lawsuit hit,
and the project quietly shrunk down into invisibility and dried up...

_Strata

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata@virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** ISP/ASP Systems Integration, Architecture, & Project Management **