Re: WebVan buys HomeGrocer: walking wounded

From: ThosStew@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 06:06:29 PDT

In a message dated 6/27/2000 7:49:18 AM, Rohit@KnowNow.com writes:

>[somehow, last-mile Internet delivery sounds like it ought to be a
>more open infrastructure, but fundamentally, Americans like to drive
>:-)]

What we really need is someothing like the old pneumatique in Paris, a
network of pneumatic tubes through which one could send letters (called
"bleus" parce-que they were bleu) that would be whooshed from place to place
under the city of light. Trying to send groceries that way might result in
some badly bruised peaches, but most supermarket peaches are either made of
bakelite or bruised already.

Tom