Someone please convince the dotcom winners to support the _right_ things Re: Right on schedule?

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 10:16:41 PDT

"eugene.leitl" wrote:

> As usual, blame the dotcoms. Syphon bright people out of all fields,
> including CompSci. Nuke them, nuke them hard. (Sorry for any harsh
> feelings).

Yet the people at the successful dotcoms have made quite a bundle of
cash (some of them, anyway). More than enough cash to fund your desired
AI approach if you could only convince them to do so! If you don't get
the word out soon though, a lot of them are going to blow their charity
wads on "save the children" or other mostly-wastes-of-money.

P.S. Sorry my charity bucks are already funding a different AI approach.