Re: deja bits

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 11:50:12 PDT

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:

--]
--]Various sources (here? another list?) were bemoaning the anti-bitness
--]of deja.com's Usenet archives. Another list's members have written
--]in with various ways they can be accessed:
--]

Usenet has bits? :)-

I use usenet for many things. For discusion bits its all a mostter of the
groups your delving into. Old Time Radio stuff is pretty darn strong,
there is even a specific Goon Show group.

For tech and the like its all a matter of where your hitting and how your
filtering. The Deja search does help in getting to the things you most
want.

Now for the Other Side of Usenet...teh Bits Bits. Well shit folks, you can
get most anything your little heart should want on the bin groups these
days. Having a program that does the "search, gather, decode" waltz is
half the battle. I use News Bin and Binary Boy for wins.

Bins are still a fisher thing. SOmetimes you wait in teh dingy twanging on
the line watching every other fish pass by waiting for the moby file your
all Ahab about.

"Now, three to three, ye stand. Commend the murderous chalices! Bestow
them, ye who are now made parties to this indissoluble league.... Drink,
ye harpooneers! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's
bow -- Death to Moby Dick! God hunt us all, if we do not hunt Moby Dick to
his death!"

Such is the state of usenet bins

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org