Re: Rimm Job?

From: Steve Dossick (sdossick@iPal.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 09:46:41 PDT

Damien Morton wrote:

> Of course, itd be nice if it doubled up as a cellphone as well. Carrying a
> cellphone and a PDA at the same time kinda irks me. If I could carry only
> one, I would be a happy man. Wonder why its taking so long for someone to
> come out with a decent cellphone/PDA combo.

I think the problem is that when people think of cellphone/pda combos,
they start thinking of form factor. Look at the Qualcomm PDQ -- Palm
III built in, nice integration with phone stuff, etc. Problem is, it's
a 1980's sized device because they tried to make it fit into a
"standard" phone form factor.

Give me a Palm V (or a RIM 957) with a headphone jack and some speed
dial buttons and I'd be happy.

-s

--
Steve Dossick