Re: Web IT, WAP IT, Anytime, Anywhere, Anyplace

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 13:30:29 PDT

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Kragen Sitaker wrote:

--]standard mandating a painful user experience, with almost-unusably-buggy
--]implementations [admittedly I've only suffered through two Motorola
--]implementations so far], marketed by an evil organization, and, worst
--]of all, it is intellectual property.
--]

Yep. It is definelty not a wap eat wap world yet. Nor do I think it will
be until something very basic happens.....The screen size.

Its country plain that tiny is not tastier when it comes to surfing and
the like. My plam pilot is about as small as IM going to go for this.

There were some interesting ways to get iformation across to users. One of
these is called radio. The display size is really tiny:)- I think some of
the content out there can be pushed as spoken word. the portla phone
system was interesting for a spell.

Idealy what im whinning about (:)) here is that eye mount displays never
went where they were heading back in the 80s. there was a CGA monochal
that would have rocked, btu it went doa. The game helemts are mostly for
crapola, though the sony one looked promising.

Rambling to a point, i think the thrust of wap is simply trying to stuff
a 2 ton elephant down into a fleas eye view. It being mostly bein IP makes
teh current round seem worse to worser.

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org