Re: executive salaries

From: ThosStew@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 12:18:06 PDT

In a message dated 6/21/2000 2:20:08 PM, jts7@duke.edu writes:

>Percieved value is the problem. Who percieves it?

perceived value is precisely my original question. What if the pereived value
is nearly infinite? Winston Churchill in 1940s England? Bill Gates his his
heyday? Gates for example has never taken an outrageously high salary, never
taken stock options--his pay package is modest, and it';s al lfrom equity,
and therefore by definition every penny he has is justified, he's worth it,
his perceived value equals his wealth.

my question: even given that, is there some level of wealth or pay that is
obscene, regardless of the merits by which one accumulated it?

Tom