RE: Jakob Nielsen on Gnutella

From: Jim Whitehead (ejw@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 11:48:50 PDT

> Yes it can be done better and yes it will be done better and no one cares
> what some conference paid junket minded spokesman for the uptight
> retentives has to say on the matter.

So let's see if I can summarize this paragraph:

(a) you agree with Nielsen's observation that the UI of Gnutella is flawed
("yes it can be done better")

(b) you care enough about what Nielsen said to write not one, but two posts
on the matter, indicating that at least you "care what {he} has to say on
the matter".

So, what's your real beef here? Nielsen still has better hypertext UI
credentials than anyone else I can think of. Have you ever read any of his
research papers, Tom?

- Jim