Re: [Harvard Biz Review] An Interview with Akamai's CEO.

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 06:08:44 PDT

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Adam Rifkin -4K wrote:

> ...so I ordered it. Purchasing a single copy as a hard copy or
> electronic download costs me the same amount: $5.50. Even in 2000
> people are willing to pay that much for a single article that
> interests them.
>
> > Akamai Technologies is attracting investors, employees, partners, and

Hmmm...

You paid for an article,
about a company that convinced everyone,
that a free and trivial web proxy-cache is bad.
But paying them to do the same,
only _exponentially_ less efficiently,
is good...

The MPAA should take lessions from these guys.

I can't wait to take their model out back and put it out of _our_
misery. Maybe I should start an oxygen bar...

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/