RE: British Telecom: we own hyperlinking

From: Jim Whitehead (ejw@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 15:50:41 PDT

Hmm, does prior art matter as much in the British patent system? I seem to
recall reading that they have a "first filed" type system.

Anyway, I hope they pursue this to the utmost of their abilities, since I
can see it only fostering the public's belief that software patents are bad.

Anyway, Douglas Engelbart's NLS system, dating from the mid-60's, should
provide sufficient prior art on this one: http://www.bootstrap.org/

- Jim