Speaking of filtering (was More Courtney)

From: John Regehr (jdr8d@cs.virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 08:27:40 PDT

So when is Napster/Gnutella going to implement some sort of collaborative
filtering? I've long been annoyed by bad rips and crappy encoding, but
this really took the cake: an mp3 I recently downloaded contained (instead
of the song) a synthesized voice saying:

  We're sorry, the song you have attempted to steal, Gold Digger by
  Eminem, is unavailable. In the meantime, why not come and shake
  your booty at Lowpass Industries. w-w-w-dot-lowpass-dot-net. And
  now for your listening pleasure, a beat.

And then drum machine pads the song to full length. In retrospect I'm
only surprised that this didn't happen earlier. Anybody know if this is
common?

John