Re: RSS 0.91 restated

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 09:14:03 PDT

Boy there would be some intense politics at that particular meeting. ;->

I'm still pondering how to move RSS forward. I definitely want ICE-like
stuff in RSS2, publish and subscribe is at the top of my list, but I am
going to fight tooth and nail for simplicity. I love optional elements. I
don't want to go down the namespaces and schema road, or try to make it a
dialect of RDF. I understand other people want to do this, and therefore I
guess we're going to get a fork. I have my own opinion about where the other
fork will lead, but I'll keep those to myself for the moment at least.

I see the biggest value in the large base of RSS 0.91 content, my goal is to
add simple features to enable new applications, giving each a lot of
thought, and foremost to retain the simplicity of 0.91. I guess I can't say
that enough. ;->

Dave