Re: transcendence

From: Tom Sweetnam (savamutt@trailnet.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 10:14:44 PDT

Tom Whore wrote:

> There is no end of the rianbow. Thats the best part. transcendence is
> about motion, not about rest. We are moved such that the universe moves,
> flow such that it flows. To go beyond that which we are we must move in
> directions we can not even understand at the moment. Even by being still
> we are moving, if not in physical paths then temperal paths and if not
> temporal then in spiritiual.>
> The gorilla who can punch buttons to get food has transcended grunts to
> get food. In his or her way a motion of means has come to be. When we see
> others more so than ourselves we have moved past, if for only that split
> second it takes to jump on a grendae, what we were to what we can become.>
> Becomming does not end, it simply shifts
> and so we shift into out of and thru various dimensional levels of being.>
> no end no begining we have only to celebrate the moment now to celebrate
> the everything.

Triiiiipeee dood! Real trippy. I'm gonna go get a pen and write all this
down. In the meantime, I think your synapses could use a good 104+ octane
spark, so I'm going to recommend one of the most highly regarded
philosophical treatises still making the rounds at Cambridge University: A
Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Doug Adams. The English think we're far
too metaphysical in the US you see, which is a much nicer way of saying
we're all full of shit, or at least full of ourselves, but the English being
the English are far too graceful to come right out and say it, and I tend to
agree, so it shouldn't surprise anyone too much that an Englishman like
Adams has reduced the BIG mystery to a single two-digit integer...47. I like
that. No Grand Unified Theory for Adams and all those Cambridge dons. 47
works them. Me too. How about anyone else out there? Does 47 work for you?
And no wisecracks like "What an odd number", and stuff like that. Let's keep
this discussion serious, huh? ;-)