Re: [FoundOnTheWeb] On Caning and Other Forms of Punishment.

From: Antoun Nabhan (anabhan@law.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 02:41:35 PDT

A lot of this is just cribbed from Michele's Foucault "Discipline and
Punish." Foucault went further and argued that the death penalty was better
than incarceration because the former killed the body while the latter
killed the spirit, the real person.

The rest of it seems like it was cribbed from various Internet fetish
sites. :-/

As for your job candidate - I'd rather be fatigued and glazed in California
than alert and annoyed (and currently, rained-on) in Boston...

Research Triangle, Here I Come!
--A.