Re: I don't love you and this is not a joke (fwd)

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 11:01:28 PDT

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Tom Sweetnam wrote:

--]
--]> This is a virus that works on the honor system:
--]>
--]> For those Unix & Linux fanatics who're feeling left out, please forward
--]> this message to everyone you know and delete a bunch of your files at
--]> random.
--]
--]I still don't know what all this virus hoopla is all about. I've been using
--]Windows 98 first edition on a Compaq Presario notebook for a year now, and
--]I've never needed an external virus to make all my files disappear.
--]

Th term virus is amazingly misused. What we are seeing with the VBS stuff
is simply a WORKING VBS PROGRAM. it does nothing that is not allowed to it
by the os, the language and by the user.

Of course with a 99% clueless rating I am hard pressed to find the worlds
view on this as anything but amusing in the same vien I got a good chuckle
over other news items of mass lemmingness.

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org