The Love Bug Caper

From: B.K. DeLong (bkdelong@pobox.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 05:21:56 PDT

Hi all-

With a little insomnia combined with a dollop of cynicism, I've discovered
some nasty inconsistencies in the "Love Bug" case....

I decided to take a few moments and collect some data after reading a few
ILY related articles. I was horrified. This is what I've found so far as of
last night.....I'm sure I'll find more as the week progresses.

The below is layed out by name of the male, article URL and then what the
age/relevant information about Guzman and sister in said article.

Name: Reomel Ramones
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20000508/ts/computer_love_bug.html
Ramones: mid 30s Irene Guzman's Sister: 23
Ramones: 27 Irene Guzman: 23
http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/05/08/ilove.you.05/index.html
Ramones: 27 Irene Guzman: 23

Name: Rommel Lamores
http://www.inquirer.net/issues/may2000/may09/news/news_main.htm
Lamores: 27 Irene Guzman: Called "live-in partner" Her Sister Jocelyn is
mentioned

Name: Rommel Lamore
http://www.mb.com.ph/MAIN/2000-05/MN050903.asp
Lamore: 35 Irene: No last name mentioned until warrant, listed as wife, age 28

Name: Rommel Ramores
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/abs/inews-may2000.nsf/national/20000509038
Ramores: 32 (Neither Guzman nor sister mentioned. Only 23yr old AMA student)

Name: Riomel Lamores
http://www.philstar.com/datedata/g09_may9/gen1.htm
Lamores: 27 Guzman: listed as live-in partner

Name:Reomel Ramones
http://asia.dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/technology/afp/article.html?s=asia
/headlines/000509/technology/afp/Police_detain_three_Filipinos_as__ILOVEYOU_
_costs_head_to_ten_billion.html
Ramones: 27 Guzman mentioned.....sister named "Jocelyn" also labeled as
their babysitter

Name:Reomel Ramones
http://asia.dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/technology/afp/article.html?s=asia
/headlines/000509/technology/afp/Filipino_couple_unlikely_suspects_behind_de
structive_computer_virus.html
Ramones: 27 Irene Guzman: 25, listed as wife, sister Jocelyn: 23, named as
their babysitter

Name: Reonel Ramoen
http://www.manilatimes.net/2000/may/09/top_stories/20000509top4.html
Ramoen: 27 Aireen de Guzman: 24