Re: consumer nation

From: Tom Sweetnam (savamutt@trailnet.com)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 21:49:02 PDT

"Thats nothing, I just found my Netscape 1.1 floppies the other day. Both
of them. Yep, it only took two. And you know what? It still works fine."

If you're looking for an argument, you won't get one from me. Who was it
that posted recently quoting Vincent van Gogh, when he remarked in a letter
to his brother Theo that "Simplicity is so difficult to accomplish." That
was the early Netscape browser. I used 3.0 longer than any other. I loved
it. Integrated mail client. Little yellow exclamation mark that popped up
when you got e-mail, and a simple and ZEN design overall. Great program.
Unfortunately, we're in love with bells and whistles in this country. Our
35mm cameras have to have more controls than an F-14, and our browsers have
to have 98MB of junk that nobody ever uses.