Fwd: Free web-to-phone delivery of ransom notes

From: Rohit Khare (rohit@uci.edu)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 18:50:32 PDT

Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 20:35:11 -0400
Originator: cypherpunks@openpgp.net
From: Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
To: Multiple recipients of list <cypherpunks@openpgp.net>
Subject: Free web-to-phone delivery of ransom notes
Sender: owner-cypherpunks@cyberpass.net

A new ransom note delivery system has been made available for general use.
After posting the ransom note together with the recipients phone number
into a web form using an HTTP anonymizer, you can schedule future delivery
of the note to the target. At the set time, IMBOT's system will call the
target and read the note via voice synthesizer. Neat.

Spammers will also love the system. For the first time, a script will be
able to call every number in the US, delivering the spam by voice. All
free-of-charge, of course.

http://www.imbot.com/

Enjoy,
-- Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.

--- end forwarded text================================================

IMbot is an Internet-to-Telephone Messaging Service, which provides
users with a Web-based interface where they can enter a telephone
number, a message and a time for the message to be sent.

IMbot will call the phone number at the time indicated, converts the
text message to a human synthesized speech and reads it over the
telephone.

IMbot provides an infrastructure which can be integrated with other
services on a Web site, such as reminders for Web-based calendars,
stock quotes or auction bidding changes.

IMbot can also be tied to a database, so that messages can be sent to
multiple recipients simultaneously.

IMbot is fully scalable for commercial applications.

[ZDNet gave it a perfect score... sheesh]

IMbot PQA 03-16-00
IMBOT.com, Inc.

IMbot (Internet Messaging robot) is a Palm Query Application (PQA)
that sends your typed message in a synthesized human voice to a
telephone. You enter in a text message on your wireless Palm, send it
to the server, and the server dials the number of the message
recipient, plays a short advertisement, and then your
speech-synthesized message. You can schedule a date and time you want
your message to be sent, or you can send it immediately. The service
is totally free, because it is advertiser-supported. This is an
excellent usage of the Palm's wireless capabilities.

System Requirements
PQA-compatible Palm device and Palm OS 3.2

Purchase Information
Free

Call friend's telephone from your browser immediately for chat sessions.
* Your relatives or friends abroad only need to have access to
a browser to send free voice messages to you
* Remind yourself about important dates and events
* Use it as a wakeup Reminder

Click here for FREE Registration.
\\
How much will IMBOT service cost me?

Absolutely nothing. IMBOT service is free of cost to registered users.

  Will I be able to send my message overseas?

Currently, IMBOT services are limited only to U.S.A. But plans are
afoot to start services in other countries.

  Why is IMBOT a free service?

IMBOT is free because it is advertiser-supported.

  Is there a limitation on the number of messages I can send?

No. You can send as many as you want.

  What happens if an answering machine picks up a call?

Your message will be delivered and recorded by the answering machine as usual.

  Can I opt out of the service anytime I want?

Yes. Please read our legal matters page or contact us if you have any
further questions. Email us at info@imbot.com

  Help!. I don't want anybody to call me through IMBOT for a while.
How can I do this?

You can block your phone from being called by clicking here. Email us
at info@imbot.com for more information.

  Do you sell Personal Information to other Web Sites

We do not distribute your personal information to any third parties

What people are saying about our Product:

Message from: Pitman Walker

This site rocks! What fun!
The only problem is that it's hard to work when I know
I could be having so much fun calling everyone I know!

Message from: Kam Alex

Love your service...
I use it all the time to contact my friends back in Canada.

Message from: Yalagandula Praveen

It is a wonderful service...
Now I do not need a calling card to call up my friends from office!

Message from: Joslin Paul

Excellent voice quality for a text-to-speech program!
I just wish I had thought of the idea first!

Message from: Kuruppath Milton

It is a wonderful idea. The voice is excellent!

Click Here for more information.