Re: ILOVEYOU worm (fwd)

From: Adam Rifkin -4K (adam@XeNT.ics.uci.edu)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 01:51:40 PDT

Tomwhore wrote:
> ...It finds files with the name mp3 and mp3, creates vbs files with
> the same name and sets the hidden attribute in the original mp* files.
> You can find the source of the worm at:
> 3911840F.D7597030@thievco.com&part=.1">http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?list=82&msg=3911840F.D7597030@thievco.com&part=.1

Oh, great, just give the RIAA a tool they can use to get all the MP3's
off our hard drives... they're probably behind this whole thing.

Speaking of which, here in Seattle Paul Allen will be throwing a big
party to celebrate the opening of the Experience Music Project at the
Seattle Center June 23 through 25. Among the acts to be performing are
Metallica and Dr. Dre. What is this, the anti-Napster party?

[Other acts to be performing include James Brown, Eminem, Snoop Doggy
Dogg, Kid Rock, Filter, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beck, Alanis Morissette,
and No Doubt.]

Tickets go on sale on May 13. I wonder what my chances of scoring some
are. http://www.emplive.com/

----
Adam@4K-Associates.com

I would think the only people worried about Napster are people that are really worried about their bank accounts. -- Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit