Feeling proud of myself

From: Mike Masnick (mike@techdirt.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 16:19:33 PDT

Well, what good is a little publicity for yourself if you can't tell others
about it. So here's a bit of blatant self-promotion. Techdirt was
mentioned on MSNBC yesterday:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/402081.asp

Whenever these sorts of things happen, I get a nice traffic boost. Fun fun
fun. So, that makes Wired, ZD, and MSNBC that have all mentioned Techdirt
at some time or another. The big one that's missing is CNET, which is a
bit bizarre since I have a whole lot of friends who work there. I think I
need to start bugging them...

Oh well. I'm not sure that the person who wrote the article has any idea
what we do as they refer to me as "some guy named Mike" (admittedly, that's
true) who "wrote in" and then quotes me. Personally, I think it's a
terrible quote and doesn't really make me look particularly smart, but more
like a rabid fan who says "this is stupid" without really explaining why.
Considering I don't really care all that much, and don't actually promote
the site, I should take whatever free publicity I get.

 -Mike