Re: Netscaler: 320,000 TCP connects/sec

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 12:40:31 PDT

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Rohit Khare wrote:

> Here's where it gets a bit technical. WebScaler takes care of the
> normally processor-intensive tasks involved in setting up and
> processing users' Transport Control Protocol requests, off-loading
> those duties from the site's Web servers.

My god! It's a front end web proxy! How long has everyone running
mod_perl or any SQL engine been using this as a standard bit-pushing
technique now? Maybe Roy is laughing as hard as I am, then again it
might be some of his code.

> system will cost about $40,000 for two units in a redundant
> configuration.

I really need a scam like this to fund my serious development
activities.

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/