Re: Moving Music

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 11:24:38 PDT

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Kragen Sitaker wrote:

--]Tom Whore writes:
--]> As the law stands now if you pass along a Lyle Lovete mp3
--]> to a lover you are comitting a crime.
--]
--]According to what I remember of the No Electronic Theft act (the only
--]law that makes not-for-profit copyright infringement a crime) it's only
--]a crime if the value of that mp3 is greater than $10,000 or if you make
--]more than ten copies of it.
--]
--]Otherwise it's civil copyright infringement, not a crime.
--]

Crime is crime. Infractions of the legal code is crime. Jaywalking is a
crime.

Also you may want to keep your eyes on the recent round of legaly binding
provisos dealing with any digi material.

Know your rights

"Number 1 You have the right not to be killed Murder is a CRIME!
Unless it was done by a Policeman or aristocrat Know your rights And
Number 2 You have the right to food money Providing of course you Don't
mind a little Investigation, humiliation And if you cross your fingers
Rehabilitation
Number 3 You have the right to free Speech as long as you're not Dumb
enough to actually try it."mj/js

Or as its better put.....

Larry: "Well, I've never plucked a rooster and I'm not too good at
ping-pong, and I've never thrown my mashed potatoes up against the wall,
and I've never kissed a chipmunk and I've never gotten head lice, and I've
never been to Boston in the fall!"

Pa: "Huh? What are you talking about? What's a rooster and mashed potatoes
have to do with being a pirate??"