RE: Woodpeckers!

From: Dan Kohn (dan@dankohn.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 09:20:53 PDT

If you search Google <http://www.google.com> for "woodpecker
dan@teledesic.com" you get this article:
<http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/fall96/0549.html>.

As you can probably tell from reading it, I know nothing about woodpeckers.
However, if you instead search Google for "woodpecker damage", you will find
a whole slew of relevant articles, including
<http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/living_wildlife/30082>.

Moral 1: Use Google, rather than whatever search engine gave you my name.

Moral 2: First, read everything you can find on the web, and then only
bother real people if you can't find your answer.

Moral 3: If you absolutely must bother a real person, please email someone
who is a subject matter expert in the relevant area (i.e., almost
necessarily not me).

Good luck with the woodpeckers and remember (as I just read), killing them
is a federal offense.

                - dan

--
Daniel Kohn <mailto:dan@dankohn.com>
tel:+1-425-602-6222  fax:+1-425-602-6223

-----Original Message----- From: Orville & Sharon Hoover [mailto:bosshouse@mcn.net] Sent: Monday, 2000-04-24 08:43 To: dan@teledesic.com Subject: Woodpeckers!

We are having problems with Flickers making large holes in our house. It has synthetic stucco like siding. Caught your name on the internet. Do you have a solution?