Re: Who you jivin' with that sonic debris?

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 09:04:12 PDT

("the price of meat has just gone up and your old lady is going down")

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, I'm not a real doofus, but I play one at a national laboratory wrote:

--]Okay, musical bit types, what software do you like? (Soundcards, too, if you
--]have feelings about that.) Let's say I want to become the next Reznor Moby
--]Zappa Eno Gilmour They Might Be Orbital Neubauten band. Let's call it Deepish
--]Mud. Combinations of looped wav files from a hopefully demented collection of
--]sources, and midi sequences, plus the occasional classical music sample. My
--]voice can sound like David Byrne doing Lou Reed. Is it:

The Sonic Foundry suite of apps is the Schweetest all around apps you can
use. SF, Vegas and Acid will rock you silly billy. SF is great for forming
the waves, Acid for laying out the loops and mixes.

Other apps of note and use..Rebirth...this is the tooly to usey for making
techno/house/phat riff/loops/songs. It has a plethora of mods to make it
work and sound many differnt ways, but at its heart its the technoNonStop
maker.

Cakewalk I used to use all the tiemm, but im drifiting farther away from
midi all togther and using pure samples (stolen and my own) along with
recorded tracks. If you are using midi CW is a great app.

One midi app i still use these days is BandInABox, the ultimate
here-are-the-chords-and-song-layout-make -me-a-song-in-the-style-of....
app.

As always , to sahre is to love and love is all you need.

get groovy with your bad self.

(any thoughts to a fork colaboration work, we could make a FORKERS mp3.com
account and use the procededs to buy a new cobraboy bot)

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org