Re: non compos mentis -> eco-compost mental

From: ThosStew@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 13:34:02 PDT

judging from the story, which is however sketchy, seems to me you're
overreacting. It's just, from what I can tell, a well known ordinary
bacterium that has the effect of making cows and sheep fart less--Bean-o for
Bossy. Not " changing the fundamental
digestion mechanism for every domesticated ruminant on the planet"--just
adding a flora that is probably found in lots of them already. Domestic
animal's flatulence is known to be one of the major -- and you could say
man-made, inasmuch as we're the ones running these herds -- causes of global
warming.

We'll miss the warm funky smell in the barns, I suppose, but progress always
carries a price.

Tom