Sun JSP 1.0 *not* available

Michael.Orr@Design-Intelligence.com
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:12:18 -0700

Sun's press yesterday contained an unqualified statement of JSP 1.0
immediate availability for download. This turns out to be false.

According to the forwarded mail below, the current early experience version
will be updated to an "almost there" version in about a week.

Also, looks like JSP will be merged with servlets into a single DK...

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil K. Vijendran [mailto:akv@ENG.SUN.COM]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 1999 3:18 PM
To: JSP-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM
Subject: Re: Reference impl still early access? + new entry point to my
site

Richard and others,

Due to some web push issues, the implementation could not go out along with
the spec. (It gets busy around here before JavaOne!) An updated
implementation
(not quite 100% compliant but real close; we chased but not fast enough!)
will
be out there soon (in a week).

JSP and servlets are now combined into what is called as JavaServer Web
Development Kit. The implementation that will be out there real soon now
will
be called JSWDK 1.0 EA. This can be thought of as containing:

* JSP 1.0 EA 2, and
* Servlet 2.1.1 EA

There will be more compliance, bugfix, make-'em-more-robust type releases of
JSWDK in the near future. Your feedback and bug reports are therefore very
important for us.

Thanks.

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)