Re: OC circa 1921

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:27:38 -0700

My friend who owns the Summer house in Mexico that Rohit's
trying to get me to take him down to for a wild and drunken
weekend of offroading, surfing, and board games--his grandfather
was one of the original workers who dredged the back bay.
They offered Balboa penninsula to him for $15k. His response
was, what am I going to do with a big sand bar? They mulled it
over as they thought they could charge people to park and picnic
there. The turned it down. It's now worth $15k per square foot.

I would argue that it's hard to make a parallel. The best guess
is Boulder, Colorado or Coeur d' Alene, Idaho.

Greg