Re: Thoughts on Ad Hoc Networking Requirements

Steve Dossick (sdossick@cs.columbia.edu)
Fri, 28 May 1999 11:35:03 -0400

Email in particular would be fairly easy, since it's inherently a
store-and-forward paradigm. So even if an IP network didn't make sense as
an interconnection between the moon and earth (or a space station),
something else could be devised.

Surfing the web might be a problem, though, because of the latencies
involved in transmissions from the moon to earth.

-s