Re: Wild-eyed journalism [Stupid Idea Series]

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Thu, 20 May 1999 07:47:40 -0700

Remember last year the company that got in legal trouble for
redirecting DNS mappings? It seems to me you can easily do the
same thing. Do you know how many sleazy sites have hidden
frames to generate hits for their advertisers--even after
you leave the site? Anyways, I can just imagine all the
anti-government rantings. If you can't hack into the site,
just smear it on some annotation service.

They've just opened up a whole new marketing arena. We could
charge them protection money to make sure that their company
doesn't get slammed by some competitor or disgruntled customer.
Say $.10 per month per page.

Greg