Re: Wild-eyed journalism

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Wed, 19 May 1999 14:04:01 -0700

Terence Sin wrote:

> First of all how are they going to scale up? And what makes them think
> your typical user will choose thoughtful criticism over turning the
> thing into a cyber bathroom wall?

Basically it would seen you can't. For sites like Amazon,
the site controls which reviews actually get put up on the book.
I think the spoofing and frat tricks will be difficuult to overcome
without a very heavy handed approach, thus killing the technology
on it's own merits. They need to retarget their market to
internal corporate customers rather than the general Internet
audience asap.

Greg