Re: CEO of Iridium quits

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:44:12 -0700

At 10:24 AM 4/23/99 -0700, Tom Whore wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Jim Whitehead wrote:
>--]
>--]Anyway, this implies that their satellite network will be up for grabs
soon.
>--]For sale, technically brilliant satellite and billing network with no
proven
>--]economic model which could recoup its cost. Inquiries: Iridium
>--]Redevelopment Corp.,...
>--]
>
>Given this fine picture they should by all rights be the Media Darling of
>Wall Street
>
>"Have they shown a profit?" "No" "By god man buy their stock like theres
>no tomorrow!!!"

No, they're not an internet company, they're a communications company and
people have this antiquated notion that they should make a profit or at
least have some forseeable way of making a profit sometime in the future.

Maybe they should put up a website and have free email accounts and
auctions. They could even make it a portal and be my.iridium.com. Then
they could clean up.

Dave

BTW -- I'd like to announce that I'm turning shortbus.com into a portal
site and I'll be filing for an IPO next week, get in on it while its hot.

---
David Crook - davec@commwerks.com
CommWerks - Industrial Strength Internet Solutions