Re: U.S. Populace Lurches Methodically Through The Motions For

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:30:26 -0700

At 6:44 PM -0700 4/13/99, Dave Long wrote:
>> Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
>> Creeps in this petty pace from day to day.
>
>To the last high nybble of archived bits;
>And all our yesterdays have link'ed FoRKs
>Their bits to dev-slash-null. Out, out, brief message!
>Life's but a hurried reply, a poor writer
>That struts and frets his kbytes upon the list
>And then is heard no more; it is a tale
>Told by an idiot, full of >quotes and flamage,
>Signifying nothing

I would like to share with you some thoughts I originally organized to
expose Mr. Dave Long's assertions for what they really are. There are a
number of reasons Dave isn't telling us as to why he wants to lash out at
everyone and everything in sight. In this letter, I will expose those
reasons one-by-one, on the principle that if the people generally are
relying on false information sown by ghastly recidivists, then correcting
that situation becomes a priority for the defense of our nation. In the
near future, he might be diagnosed with a special type of mental illness
that is not yet recognized. But for now, be aware that his accomplices get
so hypnotized by his simplistic "good guys and bad guys" approach to
history that they do not hear what Dave is really saying. People have
pointed out to me that we must bear this bitter truth coolly and soberly in
mind, but I still can't help but think that I cannot, in good conscience,
step aside and let wrongheaded miscreants cater to the basest instincts of
petty flag burners. What Dave insists are original memoirs are nothing more
than warmed-over versions of nonrepresentationalism. Now that you've read
this letter, let me challenge you, the reader, not just to help me give you
some background information about Mr. Dave Long, but also to educate others
about what I've written.

Tim

--

I got two turntables and a G3 PowerBook.

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>