Fleetwood Mac, Robert Earl Keen Jr., The Orb, and Janet.

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 19:58:05 -0700

Klassa writes...
> IFK> What should I add?
> Two off the top of my head -- Fleetwood Mac's *The Dance* (the live CD
> they came out with not long ago), and Robert Earl Keen's *No. 2 Live
> Dinner*.
>
> The latter is actually, egad, *country music* but it rocks... I've
> been listening to it non-stop. Have you heard on the radio, around
> Christmas, that song with the title "Merry Christmas from the Family"?
> It goes, "mom got drunk and dad got drunk, at our Christmas party / we
> were drinkin' champagne punch and homemade eggnog ... little sister
> brought her new boyfriend / he was a Mexican / we didn't know what to
> think of him 'til he sang Feliz Navidad / Feliz Navidad". The album is
> worth the price just for that song. There's some really good stuff on
> there.

Cool recommendation. I've added to

http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~adam/local/fork-music.html

The Dance...

http://www.musicblvd.com/cgi-bin/tw/19084_43_417770

No. 2 Live Dinner...

http://www.musicblvd.com/cgi-bin/tw/19084_43_353558

Elwood's recommendation of The Orb's ABtU...

http://www.musicblvd.com/cgi-bin/tw/19084_43_462360

And Rohit's recommendation of Janet Jackson's Velvet Rope...

http://www.musicblvd.com/cgi-bin/tw/19084_43_445026

And right now I'm listening to Radiohead's OK Computer, possibly
the best rock album to come out in 1997...

http://www.musicblvd.com/cgi-bin/tw/19084_43_413006

----
adam@cs.caltech.edu

The Verve distanced itself from the Nike ads by donating its $175,000
cut entirely to charities, a fitting use of a song lead singer Richard
Ashcroft wrote while drawing on the memory of his father's death. Since
mid January (read: NFL playoffs showing the Nike ad featuring
"Bittersweet Symphony"), they have sold 700,000 copies of "Urban Hymns"
stateside

http://www.musicblvd.com/cgi-bin/tw/19084_43_443340

and now have sold over 5 million copies of the album worldwide. LA
radio stations have recently been warming up to two other album tracks,
"Lucky Man" and "The Drugs Don't Work".