RE: National Semiconductor Intros "PC on a Chip"

Joe Barrera (joebar@microsoft.com)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:03:43 -0700

"In the future, you're going to get computers as prizes in breakfast
cereals. You'll throw them out because your house will be littered with
them."

- Robert Lucky, quoted in chapter 20 of _In Introduction to Operating
Systems_ by Harvey Deitel, (c) 1984. (My guess is that this quote appeared
in the Reflections column in IEEE Spectrum, but I don't have back issues and
I can't find them online.)

At any rate, one of my very favorite quotes about computers.

- Joe

Joseph S. Barrera III <joebar@acm.org>
<http://research.microsoft.com/~joebar/>
Phone, Office: (415) 778-8227; Cellular: (415) 601-3719; Home: (650)
588-4801
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do not
reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.