Re: Leave well enough alone...

Lloyd Wood (L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 13:16:16 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Joachim Feise wrote:

> CobraBoy wrote:
> >=20
> > and fix what you make.
> >=20
> > > The QuickTime=81 file format, created by Apple
> > > Computer, is widely used in content creation but it is
> > > not suitable for cross-platform multimedia file
> > > interchange.
> >=20
> > Excuse me?
>=20
> There is no real Unix support, for example.

That's what killed QuickDraw 3D; all the people who looked at
it for serious applications circa 95/96 said 'no unix support;
we're not betting the farm on this' and ignored it.

Then there are all those people writing Mac/Windows browser
plugins. AFAIK only the Tcl plugin runs under lots of unix
variants too.

> > Anyway to read more go to:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/aaf/whitepaper.htm
>=20
> Funny that this comes from MS. They are usually not known for cross-platf=
orm
> concerns.

What, the people who gave us cross-platform macro viruses?

L.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.sat-net.com/L.Wood/>+44-1483-300800x364=
1