Re: "Life By The Numbers" airs April 8

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 14:16:14 -0800

John Chang wrote:
> WQED Pittsburgh is producing a seven-part PBS series on mathematics called
> "Life By The Numbers." I'm helping them with computer stuff, so I've seen
> parts of it. It's great! It's definitely "mathematics like you've never
> seen it before."
>
> The first program airs on PBS on Wednesday (April 8) at 8:00 PM EST. (I
> think WTIU airs the next one on Sunday, April 12, but check the local
> listings to make sure.)
>
> Watch this show and tell your friends, math teachers, etc. about it!
> The web site is http://www.mathlife.wqed.org/

The accompanying book by Keith Devlin is pretty neat, too. I saw it in
the bookstore last week and meant to FoRKit but forgot till now, so I'm
linking to it

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471240443/forkrecommendedrA/

from the usual

http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~adam/local/fork-books.html

Joebar, this is the kind of cool book that makes a great gift for a kid
who likes math (Adam says, reviewing who's actually bought
forkrecommendedrA books... :)

----
adam@cs.caltech

There's no greater power than the power of goodbye.
-- Madonna, track 10 of her excellent new album "Ray of Light"