Re: Let Me Get This Straight . . .

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 20:45:47 PDT

Jay Thomas wrote:

> > > You want to proclaim youself a member of that fine group, allied with
> > > James Carville, Bill Clinton, and Larry Flynt, be my guest.

You know those "if you could invite X people to a dinner party, who would they be?"
questions? I'm hard-pressed to think of a better, more entertaining and
thought-provoking group of folks to invite. Seriously, compare and contrast: the
above, or (say) Bush, Henry Hyde, and Pat Robertson. Which would you choose? Never
mind, that's rhetorical, we've already established that you're boring, tedious, and a
yahoo. We can anticipate your answer.

BTW, Larry Flynt may be repugnant, but he's a damn fine American.

> But as a not so poor,
> > > white guy from a Bush state, let me tell you, there are no delusions
> > > here.

You know, Jay, there are plenty of "not so poor white guys from Bush states" that
don't share anything at all with you. I'm one of them. I'm not a Bush hater, nor a
Gore supporter, and I claimed in this forum before that I would've taken Bush over
Gore if there'd been no other choices, but I *certainly* don't share your kindergarten
perspective. Don't rope the rest of us "not so poor white guys from Bush states" into
your little imaginary cultural militia.

> No, speak your mind. I just get sick of all the liberal agitprop

Just like the rest of us --- liberals and moderates all --- get sick of right-wing
nutcase babble and "Father Knows Best" mythology.

jb