Re: Deadly accurate article on the state of GNOME and its relationship to the FSF

From: Eirikur Hallgrimsson (eh@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 13:23:19 PDT

Thanks, Rob. That's a tremendously interesting point that the FSF
started out as very clearly in the free beer camp. I have, in fact, read
that stuff (it's still mostly in the Emacs distribution, unchanged)
fairly recently.

I don't know why rms has narrowed the definition, but he clearly has for
some reason. I guess there are no uncontaminated positions in this
morass.

I'm up and running with GNOME 1.4, and Evolution 0.10 here. Evo is
slowly getting there.

My Eazel shirt came today. I did send them some money via PayPal. I
didn't ask for a shirt, but it's a nice gesture. Eazel is rumored to
cease operations this week. Instant collector's item.

Eirikur