Re: ACLU vs. Demopublican attacks on civil liberties (was: LetMeGet This Straight)

From: Bill Stoddard (bill@wstoddard.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 12:49:29 PDT

> > The problem with the 2nd amendment is that there is not as much
agreement
> > on its meaning.

Not for the lack of authoritative documentation on the topic (Federalist
Papers). Folks disagree because they want to be disagreeable. Sort of like
the flat earthers (not that I know any personally and I am sure flat
earthers are a pretty agreeable crowd compared to the GC nuts).

OBTW, the National Guard didn't exist when the 2nd Amendment was penned, so
the argument that the 2nd Amendment (unlike all the others) applies to a
state entity rather than individuals is simply absurd.

Bill