C sharp and CLI creeping towards standardization

From: David Stutz (stutzbforked@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 09:58:26 PDT

Some light reading for the list...

MS, Intel, and HP have finally published "working drafts" for both
the C# language and the "common language infrastructure" (which is a
subset of the .NET Framework that includes a file format, runtime support
facilities, and a few core programming libraries).

I know of at least two independent CLI implementation efforts underway, as
well as a couple of C# compilers.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/ecma
http://devresource.hp.com/devresource/Docs/TechPapers/CLIandCSharp/
http://developer.intel.com/software/idap/ecma/