Fw: Request to join the FoRK list

From: Joseph S. Barrera III (joe@barrera.org)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 21:49:42 PDT

Please welcome Jake, who was kind enough to send this self-description...

- Joe

From: jake@jspace.org
To: <fork-request@xent.com>
Subject: Request to join the FoRK list
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 04:06:13 -0700

Per FAQ item #77, "So, you may now join FoRK by sending a (preferably tongue
in cheek) description of yourself."...

Name: Jake
Title: Professor Emeritus, Northwest Arkansas Community College
Location: Fayetteville, AR

I'm generally amicable, but may fall asleep on you at any time.

I'm opinionated about things that most people on this planet don't give a
shit about.

I'm also opinionated about some things that a few people on this planet do
give a shit about. (I should know -- I'm one of them!)

I know little about most things that I know about.

I don't give a shit about anything that I know nothing about.

I know a lot about a few things that I know a something about, but most
people don't give a shit about them.

There are lots of things that I know almost nothing about, but I *do* know
that some of the things that I know nothing about are about to have a
drastic effect on my affect.

If you ask me to do something, I probably won't, unless I really like you,
or you pay in advance.

If I hint that you should do something, I'll be bitterly offended if you
don't, 'cause that means that my ESP was on the blink.

Things I love:

The Internet, Trek, news, music, programming

Things I hate:

The Internet, Trek, news, music, programming

Things I'm indifferent about:

sleep, calculus, Mozart, C, c, and George Johnson's termite problem
(Who's George? That's m'neighbor, stupid.)

Favorite quotes:

"SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide"
-anonymous

"FD&C Yellow #5" -anonymous

"Made in USA" -anonymous

"Made in China" -anonymous

"Eat my shorts!" -Bart Simpson

Life's goal:

To achieve super-luminal velocity while eating a Spicy Slim-Jim, and getting
a neck massage.

The above should qualify me for membership to the FoRK mailing list. If not,
I'll just write a 'bot to get the posts from the web, so save us both the
trouble... M-kay?

If my qualifications are insufficient, may the wrath of Beelzebub provide
your descendents with freakishly enlarged genitalia, forever preventing them
from normal interaction with their fellow humans in any non-Internet-based
venue.

-Jake