Re: Let Me Get This Straight . . .

From: Matt Jensen (mattj@newsblip.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 06:26:26 PDT

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> Is it a coincidence that the Republican's best and brightest all sound
> stupid or at least ignorant of the full reality of current US life?
> (Reagan, Bush Sr. (scanners anyone?), Bush Jr., Quayle (can't even spell
> Quail ;-)), Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh)

I agree with much in your post, but I'd like to suggest that Newt Gingrich
is smart (although not as smart as, say, Clinton). Gingrich understands
quite a bit of reality, but he also knows how to spin a persuasive
argument. He's a sophist, in the derogatory sense.

-Matt Jensen
 http://mattjensen.com
 http://NewsBlip.com
 Seattle