Re: It's IBM dummy

From: Tom (tomwhore@wsmf.org)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 12:47:39 PDT

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Chuck Murcko wrote:

--]We'll see. I don't think the story turns out this way, though. The media
--]spotlight will move on, and we'll get back to building stuff, the
--]pundits will fade, and the software industry will be altered
--]permanently, I think.
--]

This is my hope as well. Look at Napster Vs Gnutella. Napster got the spot
light becuase it was easily Mediacized. Form the media darling to the
poster boy for the RIAA's infmaous MOney Stealing Pirates Napster got
itself nicely hefted then hoisted by the media and the masses that buy
into that sort of thing.

Gnutella meanwhile goes on. And Freenet, thank the lord, is still worth
more in doing than in media coverage.

SO heres to the media driven user...phhhhhhbbbbbbttttt (ascii
interpetation of a Bronx (as in yankees baby) Cheer.)