Middle East-North Africa IT Spending and ASP Markets

From: Joseph Braude (jbraude@pyr.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 22:25:02 PDT

Greetings from Cambridge,

Just a brief note of self-introduction and to notify you of an item I hope you'll find of interest. My name is Joseph Braude, and I'm Middle East / North Africa analyst at Pyramid Research, the IT and Telecoms division of the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).

Over the past few months, Pyramid Research has dispatched analysts to countries of the Persian Gulf and eastern Mediterranean littoral to study the demand for applications service provision (ASP), in the broader context of the region's market for computer hardware, software and IT support services. More than 100 local ASP players, IT vendors, Internet service providers (ISPs), Internet infrastructure companies, systems integrators and government officials were interviewed. End users in the region's principal vertical markets were surveyed. The main conclusions will be available in a White Paper we're releasing next week. Feel free to contact me if you'd be interested in obtaining a copy.

Meanwhile, attached for your interest is a shorter piece I wrote recently, as part of our weekly "Perspectives" service. I'd be delighted to have your feedback and hope in any case we can be in touch. If you feel this e-mail has reached you in error, please be assured that I have sent out this note as a one-time mailing and have no intention of making a habit of it.

Kind Regards,

Joseph Braude
Analyst, Middle East / North Africa
Pyramid Research (www.pyramidresearch.com)