Re: How do you teach fundamental logic to someone that doesn't grok it?

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 16:03:41 PDT

Not sure what you're getting at, John. In the second case, the only
things you can conclude are trivial: B, A OR B, etc... so what's
your point? Is it just that: the only things you can conclude in the
second case are trivial statements from the givens? Why is that hard
to understand? I guess I've never run into a person who can get the
first example, but falls into the trap on the second. I'm sure they
exist, though; nothing about people's reasoning skills or lack
thereof shocks me anymore.

;-)

jb