Re: [ADMIN] Archives Harvesting

From: Joseph S. Barrera III (joe@barrera.org)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 00:51:24 PDT

Also sprach Jeff Bone:

> "Joseph S. Barrera III" wrote:
>
> > I hate fascist IT types.

Yep, I have to agree. Oh wait, I'm the one I'm quoting...

> Only checkpointing this for the archive... this is fan-fucking-tastic
> fodder for later args.
>
> ;-)

Why? Is this news? I've ALWAYS hated fascist IT types.

> Joe, grow some balls, dude. ;-)

(Pokes crotch)
I've got two already, if I counted correctly.
How many more should I grow? And why?
(good think I wear boxers)

> Say what you mean.

When do I not? :-)

> There is no such thing as "off-record."
>
> ;-) :-)
>
> jb

That, I know. You're telling someone who's posted their life story to
FoRK once or twice...

But is your point that I made the comment on no-archive?
If I did, it's because it was a followup to a thread on no-archive.
It's hard to transition a thread from no-archive to archive,
because you want to quote the previous message, but then you'd be
posting someone else's no-archive words to the archive, which is tacky
at best.

BTW, I *know* you're joking (if only because of all the smileys) and I
*know* I should be light-hearted, but I'm just being a cranky
literalist fuckhead right now. Maybe it's because I changed
meds. Maybe it's because I'm under a lot of job-uncertainty
stress. Maybe it's because I'm travelling and away from my family and
I hate that. Maybe it's because my old ex-girlfriend kicked out her
boyfriend and I'm terrified that I'll do something stupid (again).
Maybe it's because I can't sleep. Maybe it's because I'm entering a
nasty manic phase. Fuck, who knows.

Is that enough on-record crap to meet this month's quota?

Am I really going to send this message? Why???

- Joe

P.S. And the great thing is that I know that my father-in-law has read
posts on the archive site.

--
Joseph S. Barrera III
Software Architect, Kana Communications, Inc.

"With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy." -- Fight Club