RE: [ADMIN] Archives Harvesting

From: Damien Morton (Morton@dennisinter.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 15:55:35 PDT

You really need to make the system change slowly and randomly over time.

It doesnt really need to be too hard, but it needs to avoid a convention
arising.

how about "joe <at-delimiter> barrera <dot-delimiter> org"

where <at-delimiter> and <dot-delimiter> are chosen at random from a list of
possibilities.
<at-delimiters>
        " at "
        " @ "
        " a "
        " * "
      " % "
<dot-delimiters>
        " ! "
        " $ "
        " dot "
        " d "
        " "

That makes for 25 combinations. Change once a month and you should be able
to go for quite a long time without any conventions arising. I doubt any
spammer would monitor the list for that long to discover the possible
delimiter combinations.

reversal works for me too
"org.barrera@joe"

Damien Morton
Senior Programmer
Dennis Interactive
(212) 372 3829

"Why is the moon more important than the sun?"
"Because we need the light more at night!"
-- Nasredin