Re: Lisp, the secret weapon.

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 04:55:03 PDT

As long as we are being silly (ref. George Carlin),
allow me to offer this hoary old chestnut up to the
input:
-----------
The following poem appeared recently in INFOCUS magazine. The original
authors were Fred Bremmer and Steve Kroese of Calvin College & Seminary
of Grand Rapids, MI.

A poll conducted among INFOCUS readers had established "waka" as the
proper pronunciation for the angle-bracket characters <> and , though
some readers held out resolutely for "norkies."

The text of the poem follows:

        <> !*''#
        ^"`$$-
        !*=@$_
        %*<> ~#4
        &[]../
        |{,,SYSTEM HALTED

The poem can only be appreciated by reading it aloud, to wit:

         Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
         Caret quote back-tick dollar dollar dash,
         Bang splat equal at dollar under-score,
         Percent splat waka waka tilde number four,
         Ampersand bracket bracket dot dot slash,
         Vertical-bar curly-bracket comma comma CRASH.
Of course, it falls short in several Hackish ways ('hash'
instead of 'octothorpe,' for instance), and is even
internally inconsistent ('hash' and 'number' for '#'),
but it is not bad for a freshman effort. Maybe someday
I will make the appropriate adjustments to make it a
true encoded Hackish work that scans..

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/> "Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>