Re: [ADMIN] I can't hear myself think

From: Mike Masnick (mike@techdirt.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 10:39:12 PDT

At 08:43 AM 4/24/01 -0700, Joseph S Barrera III wrote:
>Wait... votes are still trickling in.
>
>I'm waffling, of course, so the votes do help.
>
>The advantage of having FoRK sending to the sender is that it
>corresponds to the way most other lists appear to work.
>
>- Joe
>
>Also sprach Jeff Bone:
>>
>> I'm all for it...
>>
>> jb

I vote for it as well.

The problem with the "cc" or "bcc" option are that it's a pain in the ass
to remember to do that when I don't do it for anything else (I already save
all my outgoing mail) and it doesn't tell me that my message made it to
FoRK (nor filter it properly). With all the uptime/downtime/"is FoRK
forking working?" questions that go on around here, I never have any clue
whatsoever if my messages make it to the list - unless someone replies
directly to one of my messages.

For the crowd who's into the "DYI" method - you can still do that - but now
all you have to do is click "delete" if you don't want your own messages. :)

 -Mike