Re: visual bits

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 18:54:47 PDT

Strata Rose Chalup wrote:

> Rather than include attachments, and piss everyone off, I'll merely
> include URLs, and piss some people off. You know who you are. :-)
>
> My Uncle Carl used to send slides of woodland flower closeups with one
> or two of his letters every year. I've had a digital camera for about
> a year now, but haven't really spent much time using it. Lately I've
> gotten a bit fixated on taking closeups of flowers, especially roses.
> I'm starting to learn how to do image manipulation to use the rose heart
> closeups as the basis for some digital art, but none of that is ready
> for primetime yet.

Odd... Taking pictures of flowers has become a habit of mine since I
got my Nikon Coolpix 990.

http://www.sdw.st/albums/pixmarch2001/pix/dscn2438_640.jpg.html
http://www.sdw.st/albums/pixmarch2001/pix/dscn2457_640.jpg.html
http://www.sdw.st/albums/pixmarch2001/pix/dscn2456_640.jpg.html
http://www.sdw.st/albums/pixmarch2001/pix/dscn2551_640.jpg.html
http://www.sdw.st/albums/pixmarch2001/pix/dscn2567_640.jpg.html
http://www.sdw.st/albums/pixmarch2001/pix/dscn2583_640.jpg.html
http://www.sdw.st/albums/jabber/pix/dscn1580_640.jpg.html

> http://www.midgard.net/~strata/digipix/sjrosegardens/yellow-rose-heart-661.jpg
> http://www.midgard.net/~strata/digipix/sjrosegardens/white-pale-rose-heart-636.jpg
> http://www.midgard.net/~strata/digipix/flowers/04-22-01-chico-fairgrounds/lovely-sunburst.JPG
> http://www.midgard.net/~strata/digipix/flowers/04-22-01-chico-fairgrounds/red-shady-beauty.JPG
> http://www.midgard.net/~strata/digipix/flowers/04-22-01-chico-fairgrounds/yellow-beauty-and-the-bee.JPG
> http://www.midgard.net/~strata/digipix/flowers/04-22-01-chico-fairgrounds/honeysuckle-pair.JPG
>
> Bookmark http://wonderlan.midgard.net/~strata/digipix/newpix/ if you want
> to see what's new periodically. I link things in through there as well
> as in their category directories.
>
> cheers,
> _Strata
>
> PS- I'm still in "put up almost everything" mode on the overall website.
> When I get a better percentage of really good shots, I'll be more selective.
> :-)
> --
> Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ] strata "@" virtual.net
> VirtualNet Consulting http://www.virtual.net/
> ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **

sdw@lig.net  http://sdw.st
Stephen D. Williams
43392 Wayside Cir,Ashburn,VA 20147-4622 703-724-0118W 703-995-0407Fax
Dec2000